Herndon, VA; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA
Why Merely Join a Company When You Can Build One?
Customer Operations Network Engineer
We have an opening for a highly driven individual who has a track record of knocking down big goals and wants to build an organization rather than simply be a part of one. We’re talking about an opportunity to really get in the game at an emerging growth company with the global scale, reach, and excitement of a big corporation, but the makings of a start-up – the entrepreneurial culture, personal freedom to act, intimate team camaraderie, and, yes, the equity upside.
VISUALIZE a company so hot that in less than 5 years has scaled from a million to tens of millions of dollars in revenue, with a hundred million in its line of sight.
ENVISION the possibilities and excitement of a company operating globally in 41 countries and 180 markets across North and South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The potential of a company that has established an A-List client roster including Goldman Sachs, UBS, Dow Jones, Nasdaq, Gilead Sciences, First Data, and dozens of others, while building partnerships with industry heavyweights like Amazon and Equinix.
IMAGINE the experience you’ll gain as part of a rare break-out company that it has been recognized by Deloitte as the 29th fastest growing tech firm in North America, and by Red Herring one of the Top 100 emerging growth companies globally.
Now imagine that you can leverage your network engineering education and experience to get the word out, while building practical leadership skills in a highly successful entrepreneurial environment. This is a highly visible role and your results – good or bad – will not go unnoticed. You’ll have opportunities to work directly with the senior leadership, challenge the status quo, apply cutting edge ideas, and take complete ownership of specific projects and network functions. If you’re not ready to learn quickly, clear obstacles out of the way, and tackle multiple projects at the same time, this role is not a good fit for you.
However, if you ARE ready to accelerate through these challenges, punch above your weight class, and bust open your career, then jump on board and help us build a company that stands at the intersection of preparation and opportunity, where the tectonic shifts in technology around Global Cloud and BIG Data are about to meet.
As a key member of our superstar team you will:
- Support our enterprise customers’ global network transformations from MPLS to next generation cloud enabled WANs
- Designs, configures and validates various routing protocols including but not limited to BGP, MP-BGP, eBGP/iBGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP, VRF and IS-IS.
- Utilize outstanding technical and communication skills to understand customer networks and establish strong working relationships with newly acquired customers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to gather customer network information, define customer network requirements for new technology implementations
- Lead the process of integrating customer network with CFN network
- Design a powerful template for reporting that can both be used for existing customers and leveraged for future customers
- Take complete ownership of technical and operational interface with customers
To be successful you’ll need tight alignment with our 5 core values:
- Personal Drive
- Commitment to Others
- Creative Risk Taking
In addition prior network design, configuration, and/or engineering experience with enterprise wide area networks is required.
Cisco or other industry standard networking certifications are looked upon favorably.