You know, a lot of companies write a fairly generic job descriptions that include buzz words like “great culture” and “cutting-edge” when posting job openings. Not us. Not at Apcela.
What we’re doing here at Apcela is not only important, but also pretty hard. To be successful, we need the best, brightest, most driven individuals we can find. We are driving digital transformation in large enterprises by designing, deploying, and managing cloud optimized software-defined networks. So, finding impressive people is the single most important thing that we can do to take care of our current customers, find our future customers and strengthen our family here at Apcela.
What I can tell you about us:
- We rock
- We transform how enterprises think about the network
- We optimize cloud application performance like nobody has ever optimized anything, ever, in the history of optimization
- We’re recognized by ISG and Gartner as a leader in Software Defined Networking and Services, ahead of the likes of Verizon and AT&T and on par with Cisco and IBM
- We have an impressive, “who’s who” of enterprise customers
- We have free M&Ms (along with other delicious treats)
- We are located in in Reston, VA right off the Wiehle Metro Station
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Rock stars with demonstrated experience and growth track record in either Service Provider or Enterprise network operations
- Ability to lead process enhancement and adherence managing 24-hour x 7 days a week x 365 days a year NOC environment
- Strong customer service focus and ability to engage and earn customer trust
- Relentless and driven individuals who love solving problems
- The ideal candidate should have a firm understanding and experience in working with an OSS including an NMS system, ticketing system, CMDB, and customer portal
- Lead and enforce carrier / service provider grade change control, risk mitigation and lifecycle management of global network infrastructure
- Leaders who are comfortable collaborating across functional groups and constantly focused on driving efficiencies and automation
- Technical professionals with a strong understanding of network infrastructure, operations and architectures
- Fundamental understanding of Software Defined Networks (SDN), and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) concepts is highly desired
- Certifications/Merit badges in the following fields (not mandatory, but a big plus)
- Network engineering (CCNA/CCNP, JNCIA/JNCIP)
- Cloud networking (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Information Security (Palo Alto/ Zscaler/ Cisco)
You know who you are. We don’t … but we are dying to meet you.
Why work for Apcela?
Apcela offers competitive pay and benefits including a choice of healthcare options with a generous subsidy and company paid STD/LTD and life insurance. We also offer dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match, 10 paid holidays and 25 days of PTO. Plus, a casual dress work environment, free gym at the office and fully stocked kitchen!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.