Are you a fun, hard-working individual that is ready to build a tech company rather than just work at one?
We are looking for a full-time Senior Accountant that can demonstrate excellent operational accounting and finance skills and implement new processes while increasing the business’s productivity. A successful candidate will have a strong understanding of US GAAP and the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks effectively. As a key member of the team, the Senior Accountant will assist the Manager of Finance and Accounting with general accounting / finance responsibilities and provide top-level support, training, and guidance to fellow co-workers.
What I can tell you about us:
- We want to transform how enterprises think about the network
- We optimize cloud application performance like nobody has ever optimized anything, ever, in the history of optimization
- We’re recognized by ISG and Gartner as a leader in Software Defined Networking and Services, ahead of the likes of Verizon and AT&T and on par with Cisco and IBM
- We have an impressive, “who’s who” of enterprise customers which are growing at 35%
- We have free M&Ms (along with other delicious treats)
- We are located in in Reston, VA right off the Wiehle metro
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited University
- Minimum 4 years of related accounting experience with at least 2-years of public accounting experience preferred
- Active CPA and/or have passed the CPA but working towards experience requirements
- Experience working in an ERP (Intacct preferred)
- Ability to support and analyze sales tax requirements
- Leader that can own the monthly close process including, but not limited to preparation and review of journal entries, preparation and review of account reconciliations, and month-end financial reporting and variance analysis
- Experience invoicing all revenue activities, including recurring revenue and analyzing customer contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Someone who can provide technical accounting research and analysis to resolve accounting matters and can maintain the monthly balance sheet reconciliation schedules to ensure ledger accuracy
- Ability to assist with annual financial audit, tax returns for multiple entities and annual budgeting process, as well as the monthly forecast process
You know who you are. We don’t … but we are dying to meet you.
Why work for Apcela?
Apcela offers competitive pay and benefits including a choice of healthcare options with a generous subsidy and company paid STD/LTD and life insurance. We also offer dental and vision insurance, 401(k) with 4% employer match, 10 paid holidays and 15 days of PTO. Plus, a casual dress work environment, free gym at the office and fully stocked kitchen!
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and help us build something great!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.