TABB Group | Webinar
September 2012 |
Practical Applications for Financial Institutions
Examine how converging trends of low latency and high-performance cloud technologies are enabling new business models and increased buy-side control over big data, analytics and trading infrastructure. This webinar discusses how cloud technologies will impact automated trading across global liquidity venues and asset classes, including:
- Latest trends in low latency and high-performance cloud technologies and how they can improve trading infrastructure and accelerate processing performance for large data sets and analytics
- Key strategies for the deployment of cloud solutions utilizing private, public and hybrid cloud technologies to support front- and back-office applications throughout the trading lifecycle
- How to leverage cloud economics to lower TCO, improve efficiency and develop new revenue streams
- Recent advances in proximity-cloud and virtualization technologies that enable on-demand service provisioning at performance levels required for today’s capital markets
Listen to Alex Tabb, Partner of TABB Group, and Mark Casey, President & CEO of CFN, as they discuss the cloud and its impact on the global capital markets. Fill out the form below and you will be redirected to the webinar recording.
Alex Tabb is a partner at TABB Group, focusing on technology and regulatory reform within the institutional capital markets sector. In addition to leading TABB’s efforts to fully understand the overall impact and opportunities created by the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act, he is a contributing analyst covering the impact of IT innovation on capital markets.
Prior to joining TABB in 2004, he was an associate managing director at Kroll, Inc., a leading provider of risk management and risk mitigation services. As a leading member of Kroll’s security services practice, he managed security and risk-assessment projects, as well as crisis management and business continuity assignments. He earlier spent 13 years as a U.S. Foreign Service Officer, serving as an economics and commercial officer. He earned a BS in history from American University and graduated from the U.S. Foreign Service Institute, where he studied economics, security and international affairs.
Mark Casey, President & CEO, CFN Services
Mark is the President and CEO of CFN Services. He has delivered results for clients in the global communications markets with companies including AT&T, Verizon and CSX for more than 20 years. Since 2001, he has led CFN Services in developing high-performance, network and application-delivery solutions for real-time, mission-critical applications. Mark has also pioneered the design and optimization of solutions that accelerate market data delivery and trade execution for the most sophisticated financial market participants worldwide. Under his leadership, CFN Services developed and operates the ultra-low-latency Alpha Platform™, a global, high-performance private cloud for automated trading across key liquidity venues in the equities, options, futures, derivatives, and FX markets.
Who Should Attend?
- IT technologists, strategists and their business counterparts from the buy-side, sell-side and trading groups within financial institutions
- CTOs, CIOs, VPs, Directors and others responsible for trading infrastructure, cloud solutions and business applications
Internet connection and computer speakers for audio